- Jessie Jimenez
What if you don't have bad credit; you just have no credit?
Here are some ways you can build credit:
- Become an authorized user on the credit card of a person with good credit.
- Have your name put on the lease where you live, if that is a possibility.
- Consider signing up for a secured credit card. Because you are putting cash down, you will usually be approved.
- Retail credit cards might also be an option, but check that the lender will report to the credit bureaus because.
- Most importantly, if you do choose to get a credit card, remember that you are opening a door to let in good credit, not piles of debt. Credit card debt is like a vampire, waiting to be invited in and take you money...
Don't let that happen. Pay off your credit card every month. Don't pay late and don't carry a balance. Also, don't sign up for every credit card under the sun. Select only one or two and don't sign up at the same time. Every new card is a hard pull which can ding your credit score.